Did you know that Oxford Bus Company is one of Oxford’s largest employers with over 600 members of staff? Each Friday we ask an employee 5 questions to find out what it’s like to work here at OBC…
Staff member name: Andrew Morison
Job title: Commercial Manager
1) How long have you worked for Oxford Bus Company?
I’ve been at Oxford Bus Company for 5 and a half years.
2) Which bus/coach service do you use the most?
I use the Heartbeat – X3/X13.
3) What is the one essential item you need when waiting at a bus stop?
My smartphone – entering ‘zombie-mode’ allows me to catch up with news, emails and social media.
4) What is your favourite thing to do in Oxford or best place to visit?
The old pubs – The Bear, Chequers, the Eagle and Child and the White Horse are favourites. I assure you my life doesn’t revolve around alcohol, however.
5) What is the best thing about working at Oxford Bus Company?
Oxford Bus Company is all about the people – everyone is so friendly and they’ll always say hello in the street. This makes all the difference.