Did you know that Oxford Bus Company is one of Oxford’s largest employers with over 600 members of staff? Each Friday we ask an employee 5 questions to find out what it’s like to work here at OBC…
Staff member: Kashif Cornwall
Job title: Operations Graduate Trainee
1) So Kashif, what do you do Oxford Bus Company, as our Operations Graduate Trainee?
I do a number of things, including monitoring Oxford Bus Company services on the road and working in our Control Room. I’m also involved with various projects on site and the training programs that take place.
2) You’ve also done a spot of work as a bus driver, could you tell us what that was like?
Driving a bus is great, you meet many friendly people and see some wonderful scenery. You learn a lot about the area and it’s nice providing a service to those that truly rely on it.
3) What is the one essential item you need when waiting at a bus stop?
My phone of course! I always check when the next bus is arriving otherwise I get anxious waiting.
4) What is your favourite thing to do in Oxford or best place to visit?
I just like walking around the town and doing a bit of shopping. I’m from London, so I like the buzz of the city, it’s like a home away from home.
5) What is the best thing about working at Oxford Bus?
The best thing is the level of professionalism and effort that goes into delivering the best service for our passengers. The drivers and controllers do a great job and it’s very inspiring to see a hardworking team achieving good results.