Did you know that Oxford Bus Company is one of Oxford’s largest employers with over 600 members of staff? Each Friday we ask an employee 5 questions to find out what it’s like to work here at OBC…
Staff member: Sharon Palfreeman
Job title: Travel Shop Assistant
I’ve worked for Oxford Bus Company for: 1 year
1) What do you do at Oxford Bus?
I work at the Travel Shop in Debenhams. This involves providing excellent customer services, dealing with inquiry’s about the key, our bus routes and also general information about Oxford.
2) Which bus/coach service do you use the most?
Mostly, I use the X13/13 service to get to and from work.
3) What is the one essential item you need when waiting at a bus stop?
My I pod, so I can listen to some music. Also, it’s important to have money to pay for the bus journey or have your key card ready.
4) What is your favorite thing to do in Oxford or best place to visit?
Socializing with friends and family, getting to meet new people and having a boogie on the dancefloor somewhere in town!
5) What is the best thing about working at Oxford Bus Company?
Working with amazing people, I also enjoy helping customers to the best of my ability.